Accelerate your teaching career
Fully online coursework
Request more information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Take the next step in teaching with our online program
With Brenau University’s online Education Specialist in Elementary Education, you’ll accelerate your teaching career and unlock new potential. Designed for professionals who want to move into administrative or higher ranked teaching positions, this program will give you the skills and expertise you need to set yourself apart from the competition.
Take your career to the next level
Our online Ed.S. in Elementary Education will prepare you to advance your teaching career or move into an administrative position. Overall employment of postsecondary teachers is projected to grow 12% from 2021 to 2031,1 and earning your degree will make you a competitive candidate for this market.
Explore relevant skillsets
31 credit hours
7 core courses
Our curriculum explores topics in education leadership, policy, problem-based learning, applied research and more. These courses are taught in small classes by instructors who have experience in the field.
- ED 860 Leadership in Education
- ED 870 Education Issues and Policy
- ED 886 Introduction to Problem-Based Learning I
- ED 887 Introduction to Problem-Based Learning II
- ED 890A Applied Research I
It’s always a good time to apply
No GRE/GMAT required
No application fee
The online Ed.S. in Elementary Education offers two start dates per year, so you can apply anytime and start your education as soon as possible. With no application fee, you can apply risk-free. To apply to Brenau’s online Ed.S. in Elementary Education, you’ll need:
|Master’s degree in elementary education and PSC level 5 certification in elementary education|
|Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale|
|Official transcripts for all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions|
|Copy of current teaching certificate|
|Copy of updated professional resume/curriculum vitae|
We strive to make your education affordable
$824 per credit hour
By choosing Brenau, you’re investing in a degree that will set you on a path to a successful career. Along with affordable tuition, you can pursue federal financial aid to make your education even more cost-effective.Tuition Details
What you’ll learn
The coursework in the online Ed.S. in Elementary Education will teach you the necessary skills to accelerate your teaching career or pursue leadership positions. By learning to solve complex problems, you will prepare for the rewarding challenges in the teaching profession.
With Brenau’s online Ed.S. in Elementary Education, you can:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of content areas appropriate for your certification level
- Support the intellectual, social, physical and personal development of all students
- Create learning environments that encourage positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation
- Understand and use a range of formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous development of all learners
- Design and create instructional experiences based on your knowledge of content and curriculum, students, learning environments and assessment
- Recognize, participate in and contribute to education as a profession
At Brenau, you will learn in small classes, which gives you plenty of opportunities to ask questions and receive one-on-one support from your professors. With flexible scheduling and online delivery, we make education fit into your busy life. Our programs respond to the needs of today’s students, so you’ll receive the education you need to become a leader who makes a difference. From here, you can.Discover Brenau Online
Frequently asked questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in as little as one year. To see the curriculum, view our program page.
Tuition is $824 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 31 credit hours for a total tuition of $25,544. You can review all costs on our program page.
There are no entrance exams required for this program.
The requirements for the Ed.S. in Elementary Education:
- Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- At least two years full-time teaching experience
- Applicants must submit official college transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, resume and teacher certificate
- Applicants must apply in the program that matches their initial certification
You’ll complete 31 credit hours to earn the online Ed.S. in Elementary Education.
Those who hold a Ed.S. in Elementary Education often pursue career titles such as elementary school teacher, teacher assistant and childcare center director. Learn more about your career options by visiting our program page.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Postsecondary Teachers.” Retrieved March 13, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/