Take your next step with an online degree
Fully online coursework
Relevant, experiential curriculum
Request more information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Become a leader in education
With Brenau University’s Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education, you’ll become an ideal candidate for leadership positions in education. Designed for those who hold a master’s degree in middle grades education, this degree will help you build take on more challenging supervisory and leadership positions.
Advance your career in education
Our online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education will enable you to take the career you love in exciting new directions. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for elementary, middle, and high school principals was $98,420 in May 2021,1 and that’s just one of the possibilities you can pursue with this online degree.
Learn valuable leadership skills
31 credit hours
7 core courses
In addition to a comprehensive foundation of core coursework in middle grades education, you will participate in a five-course research sequence where you’ll identify issues in your school or community and explore creative solutions.
- ED 860 Leadership in Education
- ED 870 Education Issues and Policy
- ED 886 Introduction to Problem-Based Learning I
- ED 887 Introduction to Problem-Based Learning II
- ED 890A Applied Research I
It’s always a good time to apply
No GRE/GMAT required
No application fee
The online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education offers two start dates per year, so you can apply anytime and start your education as soon as possible. With no application fee, you can apply risk-free. To apply to Brenau’s online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education, you’ll need:
|Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
|Master’s degree in middle grades education and PSC level 5 certification in middle grades education
|Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
|Official transcripts for all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
|Copy of updated professional resume/curriculum vitae
We strive to make your education affordable
$824 per credit hour
By choosing Brenau, you’re investing in an education that will set you on a path to a successful career. Along with affordable tuition, you can pursue federal financial aid to make your education even more cost-effective.Tuition Details
What you’ll learn
The coursework in the online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education will teach you the vital skills you need to take on more advanced positions in education. These skills include communication, leadership, learning environments, assessment and more.
With Brenau’s online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education, you can:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of content areas appropriate for your certification levels
- Support the intellectual, social, physical and personal development of all students
- Create learning environments that encourage positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation
- Understand and use a range of formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous development of all learners
- Design and create instructional experiences based on their knowledge of content and curriculum, students, learning environments and assessment
- Recognize, participate in and contribute to education as a profession
At Brenau, you will learn in small classes, which gives you plenty of opportunities to ask questions and receive one-on-one support from your professors. With flexible scheduling and online delivery, we make education fit into your busy life. Our programs respond to the needs of today’s students, so you’ll receive the education you need to become a leader who makes a difference. From here, you can.Discover Brenau Online
Frequently asked questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in as little as one year. To see the curriculum, view our program page.
Tuition is $824 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 31 credit hours for a total tuition of $25,544. You can review all costs on our program page.
There are no entrance exams required for this program.
The requirements for the Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education:
- Cumulative Graduate GPA of 3.0
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- At least two years full-time teaching experience
- Applicants must submit official college transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, resume and teacher certificate
- Applicants must apply in the program that matches their initial certification
You’ll complete 31 credit hours to earn the online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education.
Those who hold an Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education often pursue career titles such as middle school teacher, teacher assistant and educational therapist. Learn more about your career options by visiting our program page.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Elementary, Middle, and High School Principles .” Retrieved March 14, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/