Accelerate your career with our online program
Fully online coursework
Request more information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition and more.
Excel in your career with an online degree in accounting
With Brenau University’s Master of Accounting, you’ll learn the vital skills necessary to advance your career and think more critically in the field. Our program is designed to help you problem-solve and communicate effectively, so whether you’re looking to take on a new role or prepare for the CPA exam, you’ll get what you need.
Make your next career move count
Our online Master of Accounting will prepare you for accounting roles with a variety of employers, from public accounting firms to nonprofit organizations. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an average of about 136,400 openings for accountants and auditors each year from 2021 to 2031,1 and getting the right degree will set you apart as a strong candidate.Career Outlook
Courses designed to help you excel
33 credit hours
11 core courses
During your course of study at Brenau, you will be exposed to practical accounting subjects such as accounting principles, auditing and corporate taxation. Our courses are carefully chosen to give you the insight, skills and knowledge required to be an ideal job candidate, and they will set you on a path to success.
- AC 719 CPA Review
- AC 725 Fraud Prevention & Internal Control
- AC 746 Advanced Cost Accounting
- AC 749 Business Environment & Concepts for Accountants
It’s always a good time to apply
No GRE/GMAT required
No application fee
The online master’s degree in accounting offers six start dates per year, so you can apply anytime and start your education as soon as possible. With no application fee, you can apply risk-free.
To apply to Brenau’s online Master of Accounting, you’ll need:
|Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a regionally accredited four-year college or university|
|Official transcripts for all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions|
|Copy of updated professional resume/curriculum vitae|
We strive to make your education affordable
$824 per credit hour
Financial aid available
By choosing Brenau, you’re investing in a degree that will set you on a path to a successful career. Along with affordable tuition, you can pursue federal financial aid to make your education even more cost-effective.Tuition Details
What you’ll learn
The coursework in the online Master of Accounting program will set you up for success in the field of accounting by sharpening your communication skills, exposing you to a variety of practical subjects and preparing you for the CPA exam.
With Brenau’s online Master of Accounting, you will:
- Be prepared to take the CPA exam.
- Become more knowledgeable of accounting rules, laws and functions.
- Be able to prepare and analyze financial statements for businesses, nonprofits and governmental units.
- Be able to complete individual and corporate income tax returns.
- Be able to research and make recommendations for accounting and tax issues.
- Be able to plan and participate in an audit.
- Be able to recognize fraudulent behavior and plan controls to prevent it.
- Be able to prepare consolidated financial statements in GAAP or IFRS.
At Brenau, you will learn in small classes, which gives you plenty of opportunities to ask questions and receive one-on-one support from your professors. With flexible scheduling and online delivery, we make education fit into your busy life. Our programs respond to the needs of today’s students, so you’ll receive the education you need to become a leader who makes a difference. From here, you can.Discover Brenau Online
Frequently asked questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
Tuition is $824 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 33 credit hours for a total tuition of $27,192. You can review all costs on our tuition page.
The requirements for the Master of Accounting include:
- A completed online application
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative college GPA
- Official transcripts from each school you’ve attended
- Copy of updated professional resume/curriculum vitae
You’ll complete 33 credit hours to earn the online Master of Accounting. You can review the courses now.
The Master of Accounting does not include concentrations at this time.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Accountants and Auditors.” Retrieved March 2, 2023, from https://www.bls.gov/